Re: problem with 'replot'

From: Thomas Walter
Subject: Re: problem with 'replot'
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:18:48 +0100

    John> On 29-Jan-1999, Thomas Walter <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

    John> I don't think this is really worth trying to fix.  You can type

    John>   replot "sin(x)" w l

    John> and avoid the problem.

    John> In 2.0.14, there is a new function called `graw' that allows you to
    John> send raw commands to gnuplot, if that is what you want to do.  Then
    John> you can say

    John>   graw ("replot sin(x) w l\n")

    John> and Octave won't try to be smart about assigning a label in the key
    John> for your plot.

Thank you for your quick anwser.
I want my own label not 'line 1' or something like that.
>From the manual I got the impression I have to call 'replot' always
with a complete string containing a valid gnuplot command.

But after your hint above, somehing like
        replot "sin(x)" t "text" w l
        replot "sin(x)" t "text" w p
        replot "sin(x)" t "text" w i
works.

Only the short term for plot style 'linespoints' == 'lp' gives an
error.  The long form works.

    John> BTW, please report bugs to address@hidden

Ok, sorry!

--

Was ist der beste Rat?
        Der Vorrat 8-)

Dipl. Phys. Thomas Walter
Inst. f. Physiklische Chemie II
Egerlandstr. 3                          Tel.: ++9131-85 27326 / 27330
91058 Erlangen, Germany                 email: address@hidden