nonlinear least square fitting

From: S.Hefti
Subject: nonlinear least square fitting
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 14:07:38 -0500

Hi,

I have trouble finding a nonlinear least-square fitter
for octave (a routine which implements the
Levenberg-Marquardt method to find the minimal
chi-squared). I am happy to write that function,
but I wonder if somebody did it already and I just
missed it.

On a related topic: I am a little bit confused about
the "Toolboxes" around. Can somebody explain to me
how a toolbox works (I assume it is just a set of
routines adding functionality to octave) ? I think
it would be helpful to list the toolboxes on the
octave web page.

Thanks a lot,

Simon.

Simon Hefti, Ph D                                     address@hidden