Incorporation of matlab m-files

From: Matthias Klingel
Subject: Incorporation of matlab m-files
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:54:00 +0000

Hello All,
please excuse the ignorance of an octave-newbie. I found that it would
be nice to use some of the m-files of Matlab toolbox (for example "fmin"
and "fmins" in the funfun directory). However, neither Matlab-4 nor
Matlab-5 m-files work as they are in octave. I tried to fix the
"errors", but gave up after I recognized that I had not enough
programming experience. However, I thougth that perhaps somebody else
has hacked the Matlab m-files to fit to octave. Does anybody know an
archive of such files? If what I ask for is illegal, does anybody have
an illegal archive? Thanks for any response.
Matthias Klingel
      Matthias Klingel
      Institut für Siedlungswasserwirtschaft
      Universität Karlsruhe