Re:string.help

From: gnalle
Subject: Re:string.help
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:14:01 +0100

Last year, the following was posted to the list:

On  3-Jun-1998, Karen L. Kalat <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm having trouble turning a character array in C++ into
| a returnable Octave value.  If I have a variable, say
| char[100] in my C function, how do I translate it to an octave type?
| Also , how would I return an Array or Matrix of strings?

According to the answer Karen should use the C++library oct.h:
'ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/MAILING-LISTS/help-octave/1998/350'

As I understand (correct me if I am wrong) the answer creates a file
that can be retrieved using load. My question is: How does such a
datafile look. Will somebody please such a simple file on this list.

PS: Can such a file include both a vector and a matrix