Re: small donations (was Re: contour AND plot(,,'o'))

From: heberf
Subject: Re: small donations (was Re: contour AND plot(,,'o'))
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:40:52 -0600 (CST)

Yes, this has been brought up.  JWE suggested that we could channel
grant/research money to octave development but I don't think this would work.
What would work is if JWE could offer support for a fee.  This is the way the
GNOME people are getting development money.  The yearly support check would be
more predictable than charitable donations and would give JWE some stability so
that he could allocate time to Octave.  JWE has mentioned that there is a
contracting problem with U Wisc since he has to report consulting pay.  I
wonder
if this couldn't be solved by creating a corporation of one person and U Wisc
and others could be clients.  Then no one could complain.

Heber Farnsworth

P.S. Not to put down the donation thing.  In fact when the announcement comes
out I'll be sending a check in and I hope the rest of you will do the same.