Re: loading shared libraries under RH 6.0

From: Timothy H. Keitt
Subject: Re: loading shared libraries under RH 6.0
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:33:47 -0700

I figured out part of the problem.  I needed to explicitly instantiate my
templates because of
the -fno-implicit-templates flag that is included by the configure script.  RH
6.0 does break
binary compatibility with 5.x, but I rebuilt the rpm for 6.0, so that should
not be a
problem.  I got most of my routines working by declaring templates or letting
gcc do it by
droping the -fno-implicit-templates flag.  One routine however is causing seg
faults way down
in the STL for no apparent reason.  I'm going to try and recompile octave
without optimization
and see if that helps.  (Hopefully, this isn't because of a broken STL!)

T.

--
Timothy H. Keitt
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis