Re: gui

From: David Doolin
Subject: Re: gui
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:17:48 -0400

In message <address@hidden>, Daniel Heiserer writes:
>Hi,
>some ideas/questions to the people here interested in
>bringing a gui to octave.
>
>Did you think about an html-gui using a kind of java-wrapper?
>
>What do you think about that?
>
>It would be a very platform independend attempt.

I am watching guppi, gtkdatabox and genius.  Once these mature,
it should be easy to raid them for code.

I got burnt by java so not too interested in that.

Also, even as I write this email from an xterm running under
a nt xserver, platform independence to me is running under
any flavor of unix.  Don't much care about nt/98/95/2000/whatever.

As of 3 months ago, the 4.3 people interested in a gui for octave
had 4.3 different opinions on how to do it.  Situation will change
I am sure, but maybe not this fast.

Good luck.  Keep us posted.

Dave D