Re: Gnuplot temp files

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: Gnuplot temp files
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:09:34 +0100

John W. Eaton writes
On 18-Sep-1999, Vivek Shanmuganathan \(95410006-BS\) <address@hidden> wrote:
> | I presume that Octave does not delete these temporary files as they are
> | supposed to be periodically scavenged by the operating system.
>
> No, Octave deletes them when it exits, or when the purge_tmp_files
> command is executed.
>
> Octave cannot delete the files automatically because it does not know
> when gnuplot is finished with them.

 I am open for suggestions how communication between gnuplot and external
 libraries/programs can be improved. Eg. a real API with access to internal
 functions, or which functionality should be exported by the gnuplot core.

 Please Cc: replies to me, or to address@hidden

--
Updatad gnuplot FAQ at
http://www-ihe.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de/mitarbeiter/vonhagen/gnuplot-faq.html