Running files from within octave

From: Martin Hicks
Subject: Running files from within octave
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:10:35 -0400

Excuse this question, I assume it's in the archives, but I'm in a terrible
rush:

How do I run files from within the octave interpreter.

I have a file that does plotting, so if I run

octave file.m

it just flashes the graph to the screen but then when octave returns to
the shell, the plots disappear.  I can't seem to figure out how to simply
invoke octave and then run this file.

TIA,
mh

--
Martin Hicks ||    address@hidden    || Achilles Internet Tech Support
Use PGP      || DSS PGP Key: 0x0E1EA147 || 613-688-0707 (voice)