Compile cannot find libg++ libraries and headers

From: Jim Easter
Subject: Compile cannot find libg++ libraries and headers
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:56:09 -0600

Apologies to all for rehashing a common problem:

Octave compiles just fine on my home machine, yet on my work machine kicks
back complaints about not finding cstdlib, cassert, complex.  I have
installed libg++-compat-devel-2_7_2_3-1TL_i386.rpm and tinkered with the
--includedir and --libdir options to ./configure, with no luck.

At the time I run ./configure, I get no complaints about not finding
libraries.

My symptoms appear to be identical to those reported by John Turner on 21
Feb. 1997 (!)  However, further searching of the mail archives has not
turned up a solution.  I suspect I just need to get the --includedir syntax
exactly right, or set some symbolic links, or ... what?

Any help you can give will be deeply appreciated.