gnuplot-3d

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: gnuplot-3d
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:04:39 +0200

Hi I used the
pm3d patch of gnuplot which is now extend to support
X and svga as well. Interactive rotating and zooming
is now available in gnuplot as well as shaded surfaces.
Of course I wrote some small scripts for octave
to do nice bar-charts.

Have a look at:

http://www.zellner.org/gnuplot/
http://www.zellner.org/gnuplot/bar-grouped.gif
http://www.zellner.org/gnuplot/bar-stacked.gif

also a script for creating pie charts is available.
If someone is interested in the scripts let me know
and I load them up.

The interface to gnuplot is still a little bit messy,
because gnuplot itself does not provide this bar
and pie capability. It has to be faked.
But the results are quite nice.
Also this is still not  in the official gnuplot cvs tree.
Some more work .....

For me  still some more things are missing like
support of
-xfig
-png

a direct interface inside gnuplot supporting "patches"
and bar/pie stuff.

If there are any volunteers outside this might help a lot......
(most work seems to be done)

Daniel