test, string and special matrix funcs

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: test, string and special matrix funcs
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 18:54:28 +0100 (WEST)

  Hello,

  I would like to do, in the next weeks, the following :

  build 2.1.30 so that it incorporates Paul Kienzle's test functions :

testfun/pretty.cc        goes into src/DLD-FUNCTIONS
testfun/pretty           goes into ??

testfun/demo.m           goes into scripts/general or miscellaneous
testfun/example.m        goes into scripts/general or miscellaneous
testfun/test.m           goes into scripts/general or miscellaneous

testfun/octave-mod.el    goes into emacs

  And then send a patch.

  Install the new string and special matrix functions, tests them by
comparing their output to the old function's output, and send a
patch.

  Do the patches have any chance of getting in? I can also just patch
my 2.1.19 installation and spare myself some work.

  What if I sent (again) a patch for 'exist'? A replacement for
'cross'? Eventually a DLD for 'kron' (if it turns out faster than
Paul's new function)?

  Etienne