Re: Plot and zoom

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: Plot and zoom
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:24:08 +0300 (EET DST)

> A little while ago a tip came up on this mailing list on how to make
> zooming work in gnuplot/octave.
[...]
> wonder if someone remembers the trick.

You need a version of gnuplot which has mouse and zoom support. I use
version 3.8c which sort of works with x11. You also need to add
gset mouse;
to your .octaverc before any other gnuplot commands.

I have to say that zoom support is a bit broken. Zoom level is not reset
between plots so that new plots might have completely wrong axis
settings. I have to reset gnuplot (graw("resetŠÜn")) between plots to fix
this.

> Is 2.1.31 stable enough for daily use?

Yes. Some save formats do not support all the datatypes yet and might
crash when you try to save. It's a safe bet to put
default_save_format = "mat4-binary";
to your .octaverc to avoid data loss.

Teemu

--
"The computer world is like a great big toy store.
 But all the toys are broken."  --Steve Witham