Problem reading mailing list index

From: Philip Nienhuis
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:27:28 +0100

Hi,

I'm used to read the help-octave and octave-sources mailing lists using
Netscape
and/or MS Internet Explorer, both under Windows, Netscape also under
Linux and OS/2.
(I find it easier to search through the list using index.html)
Since a few days or so, all these browsers consistently yield the same
error message when trying to download & read the file index.html, e.g.:
ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/MAILING-LISTS/help-octave/2001/index.html:

 "scan: eof encountered in field "ers" scan: context is poorly
formatted"

(that's all I get).
Last year, occasionally the same thing happened, but then the next day
(after being refreshed with new messages) the index file could be
downloaded & read again without problems.
FYI: currently, the index.html files for 2000 and previous years (which
are not updated anymore) can be accessed without problems.

What's wrong here, or what could I be doing wrong?

Philip Nienhuis