quadratic programming

From: Phil Cummins
Subject: quadratic programming
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:51:41 +0900

Hello,

  I apologize for asking something I know has been asked
before, but I'm afraid a quick scan of the archive did not
produce a good answer to this question:

Does anyone have a good quadratic programming routine
for octave?

I have seen some references to Gill and Murray's QPSOL, which
apparently can be used with OCTAVE but is not free. The new
version of this appears to be QPOPT, which comes with a MATLAB
interface.

There is also a public domain program called QLD, written by Klaus
Schittkowski of U. Bayreuth, which some sites seem to be using as
a replacement for QPSOL, but I haven't heard any details about this.

Does anyone have any experience with using these or or other packages
under octave? Many thanks,

-- Phil

Phil R Cummins                                 address@hidden
Frontier Research for Subduction Dynamics  tel(i/d):81/0-468-67-3393
JAMSTEC, 2-15 Natsushima-cho               fax(i/d):81/0-468-67-3409
Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan