QLD [re: quadratic programming]

From: Phil Cummins
Subject: QLD [re: quadratic programming]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:20:44 +0900

Thanks for that information on the licensing, Mumit. Can you
please tell me, do you actually use this routine and would
you recommend it? Evidently, it must be reasonably good if
Dirk also used it in his Phd thesis?

Ah, I just got a message from Prof. Schittkowski - he now
sells the code! I would still like to know what people
think of it, becuase I did manage to download an old
version.... But evidently its licensing is not suitable
for octave. Too bad.

BTW, I also found someone's public domain matlab code
for QP called "minq" (http://solon.cma.univie.ac.at/~neum/software/minq).
I'll try that on our institute's matlab, and if it works may I can
consider porting it to octave.

Phil R Cummins                                 address@hidden
Frontier Research for Subduction Dynamics  tel(i/d):81/0-468-67-3393
JAMSTEC, 2-15 Natsushima-cho               fax(i/d):81/0-468-67-3409
Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan