Re: image

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: image
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:01:02 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Fabiana Crepaldi Pereira wrote:

>       When I try to plot a matrix as image, using, for exemplo, image(matrix),
> Octave do nothing -- I mean no answer, no gnuplot frame, etc. I've tried
> imagesc, as someone has suggested (thanks!), but Octave printed, at the
> console, the matrix, not the image...

You need to have an image viewer installed and Octave has to know about
it. The default viewers Octave tries to use are called xv or xloadimage. I
suggest you check if you have either one of those installed and in your
default path. If you want to use some other viewer, you need to hack
the script file image.m to suit your needs. This isn't very difficult, you
just substitute xv by the name of whatever viewer program you want to
use. Make sure your viewer program can read pnm-files.

Teemu