re: Linewidth and line parameters

From: Phil Cummins
Subject: re: Linewidth and line parameters
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:02:29 +0900

Hi,

  (Thought I would try and contribute something for once...)

> similar to mine, but not a clear answer. At any rate, my questions is
> how can I get octave (gnuplot) to plot several curves on the same graph
> with the same linestyle (i.e., continuous line), different colour and

Does the follwoing help? It should plot a bunch of curves, all lines
with different colors. You can change the styles and colors by changing
the values assigned to the variables. You can have no title by having
nothing in between the two ;;'s.

hold on;
style = '-'; # line
for i=1:1:5
  color = i;
  x=[-i:.01:i];
  plot(x/i,atan(x),sprintf("%d;mytitle=%d;%s",color,i,style));
endfor;

I don't know if you can change the linewidth unless you are
plotting, e.g. to a postscript terminal. I don't think you
can have different line widths in X, for example, but you can
have dashed lines - now how do you set those...? (style='.'
gives dots).

---
Phil R Cummins                                 address@hidden
Frontier Research for Subduction Dynamics  tel(i/d):81/0-468-67-3393
JAMSTEC, 2-15 Natsushima-cho               fax(i/d):81/0-468-67-3409
Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan