Re: GNU plot alternative

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: GNU plot alternative
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:09:27 +0100

  Hello

From: Laurent Jacques <address@hidden>

#  I'm an octave newbie (I just use currently Matlab and Scilab), so I have
#  three basic questions:

#  1?) Is there a gnuplot alternative for graphics in Octave ? I'm sorry but I
#  don't like very much the gnuplot output.

  There is an interface to PGPlot, at :

  http://lnc.usc.edu/~holt/matwrap/pgplot_octave.html

  I never used it, though.

#  2?) Are there current news about Octave ? New version (next release),
#  developpement state (I don't find any recent information about that on the
#  Octave homepage) ?

  On the various mailing lists, at the octave site. Various
  user-contributed things can be found at :

  http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/index.html.

  Pointers to more can be found at :

  http://octave.sourceforge.net/

#  3?) If I produce (with a little team) a new toolbox for octave (with the GPL
#  license of course), where can I submit/post it ?

  This list should be a good place. If the source is not very small, I
think the best is to send an "announce" mail with a description of the
work and an URL where it can be found.

  Cheers,

  Etienne