operation under windows 2000 problem

From: jim bowen
Subject: operation under windows 2000 problem
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:53:10 -0400

I installed Octave 2.1.31 on a Windows 2000 machine, but I cannot get it to run. Running octave.bat results in an error message:

start: rxvt: command not found

The rxvt.exe file is in the bin directory, but for some reason the bash shell cannot find it. If I start bash in the bin directory, it seems the only command it recognizes is pwd. Any other command, such as ls, sed, diff, give a command not found response.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks