Windows Octave - 2.1.31

From: Viswanath P
Subject: Windows Octave - 2.1.31
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:42:20 +0530

Hi,

      I have recently installed Octave for windoze version 2.1.31.  I
have two
questions to ask.

I wanted to plot data files which are in some directory in C drive.  The
octave which had been  installed shows \ as the root directory in the
c:\progra~1\gnu\octave.  How can I go to the directory where the data
files are there e.g., c:\mydata;  I have tried cd c:\mydata which did
not work.  Kindly
reply me back.

Secondly, I wanted to use this octave to link it with my C programme in
windows.
Which are the DLL to be used?  Can I plot the data file online as it
comes or till
it encounters \n character in the new file ?

Kindly reply me back with your valuable suggestions.

thanx
Viswanath P.