cell support in octave 2.1.35

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: cell support in octave 2.1.35
Date: 07 Mar 2002 11:06:34 -0700

If I can't extract anything but a cell from a cell, and if I can't index
an array element within the cell, how am I ever supposed to use any data
I place within that cell.  I know this has been discussed a number of
times in the past, but I just finally installed 2.1.35, with
octave-forge (11/2/2001), and this problem still persists.

Am I missing something obvious?  Is there documentation beyond "help
cell"?  I guess I just wonder what the point of having any cell
functions at all is, if one can't access any data that they hold.

-EJR