Re: Gnuplot on Mac Os X

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: Gnuplot on Mac Os X
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:05:41 +0200

Christian,

the version of gnuplot you use is the "Carbon" version which is a port of the pre OS X gnuplot for Mac. AFAIK this version does not work with octave yet. If you use the current unix gnuplot (3.8.x) it will work seamlessly with octave. However, unless you want to install XWindows you'll need AquaTerm to display the plots. See http://aquaterm.sf.net

If you are uncomfortable with compiling your own stuff or doesn't have the dev-tools installed you can use Fink (http://fink.sf.net) to install gnuplot/AquaTerm for you.

Please scan the docs/faq/lists of both AquaTerm and Fink for more info.

HTH,
Per

If you use