Re: Windows network installation

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Re: Windows network installation
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:23:49 -0400

Mark,

This version of octave for windows was developed before Windows XP was around.
It is based on the Cygwin windows - Unix emulation project [www.cygwin.com].
I have seen a few people talking about Windows XP, but I really do not follow
Cygwin's progress anymore.  You might want to the Cygwin web site, and find
out how well Cygwin works with XP.  It maybe that the version of cygwin
included with the octave for windows package is too old, and does not work
w/XP.  In that case you could just install a full version of Cygwin, and then
compile Octave yourself.  Since you are looking for such a specialized
install, that is probably the way to go.

Tom Weichmann