Reading a file

From: Pruitt Dave W Contr AEDC/SVT
Subject: Reading a file
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:38:26 -0000

Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm stuck.

I need to read a file with records like:

filename1234  11:11   0   A
filename5678  12:12   0   A
                   .
                   .
                   .

I want to read the first element as a string ( to be used as a filename),
the second element as a string to be parsed to hours and minutes, the third
element as an integer, and the fourth element as a simple character.

I've tried multiple constructions of fscanf and I just can't get it done.
Not sure what I'm missing in my understanding of fscanf.

Any help would be appreciated.

David W. Pruitt, PhD
Sverdrup Technology, Inc.
939 Avenue C