octave-forge on mac os x 10.2

From: pradnyaditya.w.hendradi.1
Subject: octave-forge on mac os x 10.2
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:27:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I'm just wondering if anybody got octave-forge installed on mac os x 10.2
(jaguar) ?
I installed octave via fink, and right now i'm trying to get octave-forge
to work. When i type "make" on octave forge directory, I got this
following error:

/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _FSrand_gnu_v2
rand.o definition of _FSrand_gnu_v2 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/sw/bin/octave definition of _FSrand_gnu_v2
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _FSrandn_gnu_v2
rand.o definition of _FSrandn_gnu_v2 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/sw/bin/octave definition of _FSrandn_gnu_v2
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol
_Frand__FRC17octave_value_listi
rand.o definition of _Frand__FRC17octave_value_listi in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/bin/octave definition of _Frand__FRC17octave_value_listi
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol
_Frandn__FRC17octave_value_listi
rand.o definition of _Frandn__FRC17octave_value_listi in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/bin/octave definition of _Frandn__FRC17octave_value_listi
strip rand.oct
strip: symbols referenced by indirect symbol table entries that can't be
stripped in: rand.oct

any thoughts ?

Thanks in advanced.

-dana-