newbie: setting LOADPATH for Windows

From: Steve Reinhardt
Subject: newbie: setting LOADPATH for Windows
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:39:37 -0600

Hi All,
I've just downloaded Octave to my Windows XP laptop, and have been using it fine. I'm now doing enough development work that I want to be able to customize this, specifically so I can access files on my D: drive instead of my C: drive, where Octave is installed. I see lots of mentions in the documentation about where the octaverc and other startup files would go, if I were running on a Unix system. Alas, Windows is slightly different from Unix. :) Where do I put the octaverc file for Windows? And is this covered somewhere in the documentation, that I'm just missing?

P.S.  Please reply directly, as I'm not subscribed to help-octave.

        Thanks.                                 Steve

Steve Reinhardt
spr at sgi.com