Re: How to get Correlation factor?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: How to get Correlation factor?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 05:15:51 -0500

ASG wrote:

I have two-dimensional data, which I want to fit with a linear regression. I get nice results with
[p, yf] = polyfit (x, y, 2)

And now I need the correlation factor...
Is there a nice way to calculate this?

It would be also quite good, if anybody knows how to calculate the MSWD (Mean Square Weighted Deviation) for a linear regression?

octave-forge/main/optim (http://octave.sf.net) has wpolyfit to do a weighted polynomial fit. It also
returns an error estimate for the parameters.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden