Re: what is the clear screen function?

From: pand9613
Subject: Re: what is the clear screen function?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:29:38 +1100

I am using octave with the cygwin emulator on windows 98 (work PC so no choice
of OS unfortunately). I am a big novice so i don't really know much more. I
think the octave version is 2.1.36.
While i'm on the subject does anyone know where i can find information on the
cygwin terminal because i installed octave from a precompiled automatic
installation for windows and hence know nothing about it.
Cheers,
Peter Anderson

Quoting Carlo de Falco <address@hidden>:

> Venerdì, 24 Gen 2003, alle 06:46 Europe/Rome, Dmitri A. Sergatskov ha
> scritto:
>
> > On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 address@hidden wrote:
> >
> >> This is probably a dumb question but what is the function to clear
> >> the screen?
> >> According to all the help files i can find, it should be "clc" (as it
> >> is in
> >> matlab). When i use this command nothing happens. There is no error
> >> message so
> >> obviously there is a function clc but it doesn't seem to do anything.
> >> Same
> >> thing happens with the home function.
> >> Anyone want to point out where i am going wrong?
> >>

> > What is your platform? What is your Octave version?
> >
> > It works for me (Octave 2.1.42 / linux-i686).
> >

> Works for me too (Octave 2.1.35 / MacOSX10.2.3-PPC G3)
>
> What are you using as a terminal?
>
> carlo.

This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au