controlling source() work

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: controlling source() work
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:23:15 +0100

hi,

I'd like to use source () in a script file to parse octave
commands that will be (for convenience) in a file with a
file extension different than ".m" ... but those files will
be created by novice users and I expect typos to be thrown
in ...

The point is that apparently, besides the error messages on
screen, source () does not provide a way to test whether it
parsed ok the given file. I've tryed eval () and try-catch,
but I didn't manage to make it work as I'd like.

Any hint?

This was on GNU/Linux Debian v 3.0r1, with Octave 2.1.35.

Miquel

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)