compatability- lsim() suggestions?

From: Raymond Rogers
Subject: compatability- lsim() suggestions?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 12:52:46 -0800

Hello,
I am trying to make a system identification package compatable with Octave & Matlab. The programs call lsim with the ss A,B,C,D whereas Octave's lsim requirs a sys argument.
What is the best way to insure compatability?
Revise Octave's lsim?  this makes my Octave special.
Chagne the calls to lsim_p and add my own checker/translater?
References are:
http://www.engin.umich.edu/group/ctm/extras/lsim.html
and
http://www.ifr.ing.tu-bs.de/octave/csref-5.html#ss5.6