Re: mod_octave?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: mod_octave?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:30:36 -0500

Gavin Jin wrote:

Has anyone tried that. I don't know much about apache module,
but I just installed mod_ruby on my powerMac and I will surely
like to use octave for web applications.

octave-forge/main/miscellaneous/listen.cc implements
a TCP/IP server.  See listen.doc in the same
directory for details on the protocol.  I've used it as
the computational back end of a Tcl/Tk GUI for the
past year and a half.  You will need to do a little bit
of work to make it a public service.  It is currently
restricted to accept connections from localhost and
one other site, but that could easily be extended to
a set of patterns.  You could make a safe interpreter
by deleting all the system access commands from
the octave symbol table. I believe these are all built-in
commands, but you may need to remove some
commands from the system path as well.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden