Re: about script file

From: geraint
Subject: Re: about script file
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:33:30 +0000

> From: myong <address@hidden>
>
> I write a script file that name is "function.m", I want to use
> "source()" command to execute function.m file.
>
> so, I use command: source(function.m)
>
> but error occur:  "parse error:"
>
> what is mean?

The parse error is because the source function expects a string as its
argument, so you should instead write
source("function.m")
 or
source('function.m').

However, if you have a function named "function" in your file function.m you
are likely to run into problems because "function" is an Octave keyword.

In general, if you have a file named, say, myfile.m, you can get Octave to read
it in just by typing "myfile" at the prompt. The source function should only be
required if your filename is not of the form (*.m).

Geraint.

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best
Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.