Octave/Matlab compatibility

From: Florian G\. Pflug
Subject: Octave/Matlab compatibility
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:18:06 +0200

Hi

I am a student of the technical university vienna, and have been assigned to
a task that involves porting a programm for solving ODEs from matlab to GNU
octave.

Does anyone know if there is documentation available on the subject of
porting from matlab to octave? I found some remarks in the FAQ, but though
maybe there are some more ressources I didn't find.

The task I was assigned to also involves documenting the differences between
matlab and octave. If there is no such thing as a "porting guide", I'll see
if I find the time to turn the documentation I have to write into a "porting
uide". If I do that, should I consider aynthing special (like, using
specific tools for the documentation) that eases integrating this guide into
the octave manual? (Only if there are other people than me interested in
this, of course).

greetings, Florian Pflug