Re: WaveLab error & fix!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: WaveLab error & fix!
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:57:06 -0500

On 18-Aug-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| The problem is that m-files in the path do not override built-in
| functions (or oct-files for that matter).

I think recent changes (around that time that I pared the kpathsearch
library down to just what Octave needs and eliminated all the
tex-specific stuff) m-files can override oct-files if they appear
earlier in the path.  But Octave still prefers oct-files over m-files
if they are in the same directory.

| Long term as octave grows, it would be nice if there were a way to
| limit functions to a private name space of a package, ignoring any
| definitions available elsewhere.

Changes to implement Matlab-like private functions would be nice to
have.

jwe