Re: Does Octave have a constr function?

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: Does Octave have a constr function?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:50:15 +0200

hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:01:03PM -0400, charo wrote:

> I'm moving from Matlab to Octave and some of my old programs need some
> fixing before being available from Octave. Right now, I cannot get
> anything similar to the handy Matlab 'constr' function. My question is
> whether there is a way to do some simple minimization problems and where
> I need to look for.

Search the Octave mail list repository at

   http://www.octave.org/archive.html

for instance, see

   http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2000/msg00428.html

for a reply to a similar question.

You can also take a look to the functions available under
"Optimization/Minimization" at

  http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

Incidentally, "CONSTR has been replaced with FMINCON.  CONSTR
currently works but will be removed in the future.  Use FMINCON
instead." (from constr.m, (c) The Mathworks, Inc.)

Miquel

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)