Large Matrix Multiplication

From: Robin Kramer
Subject: Large Matrix Multiplication
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:39:33 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Octave Users,

As a project to keep myself busy, I have been implementing some Support
Vector Machine algorithms.

The particular algorithm that I am using requires a matrix multiplication
of two large square matrices, and fails.

The error is reproducable with the following code.

clear
D1 = eye(81);
D2 = eye(81);
D1*D2

Octave panics and shuts down.  I am using a GNU Octave
2.1.42(i686-pc-cygwin).

The algorithm works with 9x9 matrices.  I don't even know where to begin
trouble shooting the error, as I cannot read the error before cygwin shuts
down.

Best Regards,

Robin Kramer