octave on itanium

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octave on itanium
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:02:40 -0500

On  3-Oct-2003, Kiran Sagi <address@hidden> wrote:

|   I have built octave-2.1.35 on itanium.

That's relatively old.  Why not use the current snapshot, 2.1.50?

|   The build went
|   fine but when I run bin/octave it gives me a segfault.

Have you tried running it under gdb to see where the crash occurs?

|   Is there a 64 bit version of octave?

Yes, Octave has been running fine on 64-bit Alpha systems for about 8
years now.

|   I would appreciate if anybody could give me some
|   pointers regarding this.

I think you'll have to provide more information.  If you think you've
found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete bug report to
address@hidden  If you're not sure what to include in a
report so that it is helpful, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html before sending your report.

Thanks,

jwe