sort of updating Octave

From: charo
Subject: sort of updating Octave
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:36:09 +0100

Hi all,

I'm using version XX.43 and I got some seg faults while running scripts. In general, I'm against changing anything (OS or programs) when one is getting data. My question, I guess is: how can I install the last stable Octave version without removing the one that I have already installed? And, how can I switch between both to test whether my results are the same?

Thanks a lot,
P.s. The problems that I found where related with some memory leakage that make my script more slow the more time it was running.