Re: A little more privacy

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: A little more privacy
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:34:10 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Second that. ;-)
>
> Perhaps we could try out Mailman? It's a fairly sophistimicated
> doo-hickey with a lot of cool features:

Switching to Mailman alone won't fix the spam problem.  Although
Mailman's built-in web archive facility does hide the email addresses,
you need to make sure that _all_ web archives do this.

> GNU Mailman
> http://www.list.org/docs.html
>
> It's the engine behind SourceForge's mailing system.
>
> Speaking of the devil, could we just use the Octave-Forge SourceForge
> account's mailer? I'm pretty sure it will save us the headache of
> installing GNU Mailman ourselves:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=2888

Octave is part of the GNU project, so it would be more appropriate to
use the GNU project's mailing list facilities.  GNU mailing lists use
Mailman as well.

Speaking of the devil ;-), maybe Octave's CVS can be moved to Savannah
(the GNU project's version of SourceForge) as well; that would give
things like ViewCVS.

  Lute.