looping over file objects

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: looping over file objects
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:43:34 +0100

Hi,
I would like to print data to both stdout and a file. The way I thought to do
this was:
1) file=fopen()
2) files=[stdout,file]
and subsequently:
for f=files
    fprintf(f,....)
end

But it seems that file objects cannot be inserted in an array. This was no
problem when file objects were just integers. How can I do what I want in an
elegant way?
I do it now in this way, but it is an ugly hack:
files_to_process=1; %for stdout
file=fopen(...);
files_open=fopen("all");
filenum=files_open(length(file_open));
files_to_process=[files_to_process,filenum];

for f=files_to_process
end