Re: Image support under windows

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: Image support under windows
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:44:19 +0100

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:02:50 +0200
Teemu Ikonen <address@hidden> wrote:

> > | The best free application for scientific images with large dynamic range I
> > | have found is Imview (http://www.cmis.csiro.au/Hugues.Talbot/imview/),
> > which
> > | also claims to run under Windows. If anyone knows of a better program,
> > | please let me know.
> > Is there a Debian package for the current version of imview?
>
> I asked Hugues Talbot, the author Imview about this, but he did not know of
> anyone who had made Debian packages. Apparently they might be considering
> switching from RPM releases to .debs, but made no promises.

Unfortunately there is no *.list file in the source distro for creating
DEB/RPM/whatever packages with epm (http://www.easysw.com/epm/).

Thus I have built a DEB with checkinstall on woody, which I could
forward offlist (500 kByte) in case anyone is interested. Note however
that the package does *not* track dependencies (not even shared libraries).

Christoph