Re: Uninstalling windows octave destroyed my cygwin installation!

From: Joshua Scholar
Subject: Re: Uninstalling windows octave destroyed my cygwin installation!
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:27:59 -0800

I'm running Windows 2000 Service pack 2.

Originally I was running a version of cygwin that's about a year old.
Of course I'm running the newest one now - and that's the one the
uninstaller blew up.

If I install Octave again, I'm going to install the cygwin version (instead
of the stand alone version) and leave compatability testing to people who
have fast connections and can download fixes faster than I can.

As for my version of octave being old, I think that version was listed as
the stable one when downloaded it a couple of months ago.