Re: IMREAD Problems

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: IMREAD Problems
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:31:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> This is the command I'm using:
> I = imread('HB14980.JPG');
> error: could not read file: C:/Program Files/GNU Octave
> 2.1.50/tmp/oct-610ac600.2

imread depends on using imagemagick utilities, which are not,
AFAIK, supplied with the Octave 2.1.50 package for windows.

You could download it and install it from www.imagemagick.com.
Make sure it's in you PATH.

> Do I need to convert the image to a specific format?  I'm I using the
> function incorrectly?

imread provides native support for *pbm, *pgm, *ppm file formats.
For jpg images use should be able to use jpgread

Andy