matlab compatibility issue

From: Robert Kirchner
Subject: matlab compatibility issue
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:30:19 -0700

Dear Octavians:

When I try to run (in octave) some function files which I previously wrote for Matlab, I get the message: "error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type". I've tried this in normal octave and --traditional mode, both with and without an "endfunction" statement. Any idea what's causing this, before I go through a time-intensive line-by-line testing?

Cheers,

Dr. Robert Kirchner, Linguistics Dept.
4-20 Assiniboia Hall, U. Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G2E7