How do I tell gnuplot to give me a clean slate?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: How do I tell gnuplot to give me a clean slate?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:25:40 -0800

on 2/26/04 5:02 PM, Henry F. Mollet at address@hidden wrote:

> I get one graph in AquaTerm using below statements and saved as pdf and eps
> (see attached). Is it the plot you want?
> Henry
>

> on 2/26/04 11:42 AM, Jan Trmal at address@hidden wrote:

After replying to Jan Trmal, I went back to my own plots. The old plot was
lurking in the background. I've tried clearplot, which cleared the window,
but the next plot had the old stuff still in in. I had to close the terminal
window to be able to resume what I'd been doing before. How can I tell
gnuplot to give me a clean slate for the next plot.

Clearplot clears the plot window and any titles and axis labels. It doesn't
appear to be enough. I was moving from a oneplot at the octave prompt back
to a multiplot within a function  and things went haywire until I closed the
terminal window and started over.
Henry