LSODE and Dynamics

From: DrakeGis
Subject: LSODE and Dynamics
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:46:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
  I have a set of ODE's that "explain" a dynamic process. But the
coefficients of the ODE's are not constant in time. So, I need to change
their values at each time... the problem is that lsode only take as
paramaters the initial conditions, the time interval, and the function
to solve... but is it not possible to send parameters to that function,
isn't ?

I solve the problem by using a global variable,

function transient = linear(state, t)
    global MATRIX;
    transient = MATRIX * state;
endfunction

  where MATRIX is the coefficient matrix.... but it is not a very elegant
solution...,

it is possible to have something like this

function transient = linear2(s,m,t)
  transient = m * s;
endfunction

and somewhere in lsode invocation add the parameter m ???
Thanks.

   D.

This email was sent using http://cafemail.edacafe.com .