Re: Finding peaks/max in a graph

From: edA-qa mort-ora-y
Subject: Re: Finding peaks/max in a graph
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:04:48 +0200

Joe Koski wrote:
Another routine called extr.m that calculates both extrema and zero
crossings is at
http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/patrick.flandrin/emd.html
That routine is part of a package based on the Empirical Mode Decomposition
approach that does, in my opinion, a much better job of finding frequency
content of a signal than the classical fft approach. The fft assumes that
signals are strictly periodic and stationary, EMD does not.

Thank you, this goes a lot faster, though it finds different peaks for some reason (the largest peaks it finds just the same, but smaller ones not, maybe somethign to do withs its noise checking).

I tried to look at this full pacakge, but the code didn't all work in Octave, and I'm not clear how to do what I want with the functions -- I just want peak frequencies from a waveform as I said before...

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect