Re: new mailing list addresses

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:59:51 -0500

On  7-Apr-2004, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

I wrote:

  The addresses for the Octave mailing lists should be easier to
  remember now because they are in the octave.org domain:

    address@hidden
    address@hidden
    address@hidden
    address@hidden
    address@hidden

then David Bateman suggested

  Why not simplify these to

     address@hidden
     address@hidden
     address@hidden
     address@hidden
     address@hidden

which seems better, so I've made this change.  I also added a "bugs"
alias for the bug list.

While I was making these changes, it occurred to me that mentioning
names like

  address@hidden
  address@hidden
  etc.

for subscriptions might result in even more confusion about the
intended purpose of these addresses, so now I'm advertising the names

  address@hidden
  address@hidden
  etc.

instead.

All the previous addresses should continue to work (please let me know
if you notice problems).

Once again, sorry about any duplicates of this message that you might
receive, and also about the rapid fire changes.  I hope these names
will not need to be changed any time soon.

Thanks,

jwe