Re: minimize is broken

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: minimize is broken
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:42:23 -0500

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:23:51PM +0200, Martijn Brouwer wrote:
> I completely removed (purged) octave from my system, reinstalled it, but
> the problem is still there. Do you used the debian package? Running
> Sarge or Sid? Sarge has octave 2.1.57-1 and forge 2003-06-02, Sid has
> octave 2.1.57-2 and forge 2004-02-12. So I guess you have Sid (I have
> Sarge). I am trying to update octave-forge, but this involves upgrading

We're stuck with octave-forge depending on half the world, and some of those
pieces are building somewhere. If we were to split octave-forge at least
some less demanding pieces could migrate into testing faster.

The quick way out is 'apt pinning' (Google is your friend here...) and to
simply install the unstable octave-forge package in testing. It'll work fine.

Rafael is trying to get people to build the required components. Maybe one
days this will migrate.

Dirk

--
FEATURE:  VW Beetle license plate in California